Early in 2011, Veolia launched a major transformation programme to reduce annual field intervention costs by €75 million by December 2014 while making the field force even more proactive.
Veolia Water is a division of the French company Veolia Environment, the leading global provider of water services, with 89,000 employees in 69 countries and €12 billion in turnover (2012).
Early in 2011, Veolia launched a major transformation programme under intense pressure from clients and the market and a tense social environment.
The main objective was to reduce annual field intervention costs by €75 million by December 2014 while making the field force even more proactive.
In that context, Veolia Water tasks Devoteam with:
- The deployment of a new operations management software and a flexible open platform with mobile applications
- The increase of the reliability and scalability of the information system
What did we solve?
Combining mobile and IT transformation expertise to guarantee success
This programme revealed the potential from the use of mobile devices for Veolia field force, allowing new perspectives in its business activities.
- The project encompassed 8 streams covering the full operational reorganisation and 3 phases covering diagnosis, security plan implementation and new organisation roll-out
- Successful pilot with 3 centres in order to test the new mobile application on Android terminals
- Deployment of Android terminals with Devoteam as a primary point of contact between the centres and the management
- Strong programme governance and change management
An equipped field force can run more actions than before:
- Reduced interventions management operational costs by €75 million before December 2014
- Successful roll-out of 6500 terminals in 35 regional centers in less than 1 year
- First-time deployment of new cloud and SaaS architecture models in Veolia IS